Welcome new UMD student!
REMINDER - Send your final high school and/or college transcripts to the UMD Admissions office.
Orientation - Confirm your enrollment and sign-up for Orientation! We are excited to meet you!
Academic Advising - Our collegiate unit prides itself in having a fantastic staff to assist new and current students. They can assist undeclared, exploring and declared students.
- New student registration resources: Everything you need to prepare for your first term!
- Liberal Education (generals) at UMD is not restricted to any particular part of the curriculum but is woven through each student’s course of study, including core requirements and requirements for various programs.
- Course Placement: Fine Arts, Math (Accuplacer included), Science, World Language, Writing
- Explore our major and minor degree requirements. Explore the UMD Catalog for all UMD programs.
- CAHSS Transfer Guides and more information!
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- College in the Schools (CITS) through UMD
- International Baccalaureate (IB) credit
- Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) through UMD
- Transferology (search how courses transfer to UMD)
Welcome Week - Bulldog Welcome Week is your official start at UMD, and it starts with Move-In Day. Whether you’re new or returning to campus, these events will help you prepare for a successful year and experience what it means to be a Bulldog.
Disability Resources - Register with this office to arrange academic accommodations for classes. This includes students who have ADHD, Mental Health Conditions, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Acquired Brain Injury, Physical, Sensory, Learning Disabilities and more.
Financial Aid - Apply for financial aid and learn about options. Learn how to be savvy about your finances.
Laptop Requirement - Learn about what the technology expectations for your academic success.
Student Activities - Get connected! Find a group for you through the UMD Kirby Student Center or create your own.
Parking Services - Are you planning to bring a car to UMD? If so, you will need a permit in order to park in restricted lots on campus. Learn more at the Parking Services website.