Get your passport ready!
We consider studying abroad an integral component to any education. The experience students receive complements their own development, exposure to other cultures, opportunities, and economic and social systems. All majors support the inclusion of an abroad experience. Whether the study abroad experience is either a short-term, term, or full year program, incorporating the courses into your undergraduate degree is possible.
Faculty-Led Short-term Study Abroad Programs
Some faculty have even developed their own specialized short-term programs. If you have never traveled abroad, a short-term study abroad program is ideal! Begin your search today!
Benefits of a short-term led program:
- All U of MN students are welcome
- Learn how to travel abroad from experts
- Instructors can assist with travel prep and tips/support along the way
- Tour guide included in trip which guarantees an intense and personal experience
- Tour tickets/passes included
- English language woven into the program
- Room/board included
- Safety in a group
- Potential to stay longer and travel with friends, family or on your own
- Scholarships are available!
Benefits of Study Abroad
View a short video on most programs through the UMD Study Abroad Facebook page!
Get started for a lifetime experience with UMD Study Abroad! Visit their site for application deadlines (varies depending on the program). The UMD Study Abroad office provides an extensive list of programs across the globe. The office collaborates with departments in making the studying abroad experience streamlined and productive. Students are encouraged to seek out answers to this lifetime opportunity.