Welcome new UMD student!
REMINDER - Send your final high school and/or college transcripts to the UMD Admissions office.
Academic Advising - Our collegiate unit prides itself in having a fantastic staff to assist new and current students. They can assist undeclared, exploring and declared students.
- Liberal education (generals) at UMD is not restricted to any particular part of the curriculum but is woven through each student’s course of study, including core requirements and requirements for various programs.
- World Language - Personal placement is provided for each student!
Admissions - Explore the steps on how to apply to UMD!
- Explore our major and minor degree requirements. Explore the UMD Catalog for all UMD programs.
- Review UMD's High School Preparation Guidelines (effective fall 2020).
Disability Resources - Register with this office to arrange academic accommodations for classes. This includes students who have ADHD, Mental Health Conditions, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Acquired Brain Injury, Physical, Sensory, Learning Disabilities and more.
Financial Aid - Apply for financial aid and learn about options. Learn how to be savvy about your finances.
Laptop Requirement - Learn about what the technology expectations for your academic success.
Orientation - Confirm your enrollment and sign-up for Orientation! We are excited to meet you!
Transfer Credit - * REMINDER * send final transcripts to UMD Admissions. Transfer Guides and more information!
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit
- College in the Schools (CITS) through UMD
- International Baccalaureate (IB) credit
- Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) through UMD
- Transferology (search how courses transfer to UMD)
Welcome Week - Bulldog Welcome Week is your official start at UMD, and it starts with Move-In Day. Whether you’re new or returning to campus, these events will help you prepare for a successful year and experience what it means to be a Bulldog.