The World Languages & Cultures - Living & Learning Community is a group of first-year students who live together in a traditional residence hall community, take some classes together, and participate in extracurricular activities in order to gain language skills in Chinese, French, German, or Spanish and to learn how to be creative problem-solvers of grand challenges through Cultural Entrepreneurship. Students from any major across campus are welcome, including undeclared students, students with declared majors/minors in the Dept. of World Languages and Cultures, and students with little to no previous language experience. Students will have the opportunity to speak languages and learn about world cultures.
Why the WLC - LLC?
- Move-in early! Participate in special welcome events and meet your community.
- From day one, you will be tapped into a community of language and culture learners all while pursuing your individual academic interests!
- Learn about the creative economy and cultivate a creative mindset around global issues.
- Whether you are new to a language or have previous experience, all levels are welcomed to join.
- The immersive experience is a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. You can thrive and advance your goals toward literacy and proficiency in Chinese, French, German, or Spanish!
- Create lasting friendships and cultivate mentor relationships with faculty members in WLC who want to help you become successful, empathetic, and curious global citizens.
- Participate in extracurricular events and study groups, open only to WLC - LLC participants, in English and in world languages. Cooking, film nights, conversation hours, exercise classes, and more!
- Network with WLC alumni. Get career advice, be part of a mentoring community, and more!
- Explore a variety of study abroad opportunities.
- Fulfill several liberal education program requirements.
Email [email protected] for more information.