Prepare for a successful advising experience.
- What are the degree requirements of a Bachelor's degree? This slideshow includes multiple ways to view course descriptions.
- Academic Advisement (do's and don'ts) handout
- Advising Guide (for students & advisors)
- Advising APAS Planning
- GPA Calculation
- Grad Plan - Quick Start for Students
- Class Schedule Planning (term by term plan with days and times)
- Life Management Planning (24 hour view with tips)
- Term Planning with 2nd Choices (weekly view with 2nd choice options)
- Term by Term (4 year plan)
- Course Selections with Weekly Schedule (weekly view of a term schedule)
Resources for Advisors
- Advisor Appointment Schedule (portrait) OR (landscape) (for faculty office doors)
- Advisor Appointment Sign (summer):
- Developmental Advising (Chickering Seven Vectors)
- Incomplete Contract
- Request for a poster to be made for social media: new course or event
- Sample Faculty Reference Letter
- UMD Academic Policies...and more
Registration & Records Information
- Calendar - Registration, drop/add, billing dates and more...
- How to grant students permission to register for your course?
- Wait listing - How does it work?
- Registrar Resources (for faculty) - start and end of term
- How to guides for: add/drop/swap a course, change grading option, add yourself to a waitlist, etc